Linux System Engineer – Product Development Support
We are searching for an energetic and experienced Linux engineer to join our Global IT team supporting onsemi design centers around the world. Members of this highly visible team provide direct support to product development engineers who are using Linux servers. They monitor the enterprise infrastructure and ensure highest level of availability and optimum performance. They also work on projects and initiatives to continuously improve the overall design environment.
What will be your main responsibilities in the role?
- Provides support to customers running RedHat Enterprise Linux on their workstations and simulation servers
- Provides support of Product Development infrastructure servers
- Supports local and remote offices worldwide, EMEA region is primary zone
- Performs hardware installs and refreshes
- Testing and install operating system and upgrades
- Cooperates with other IT and Application teams within the company to deliver most suitable solution to users
- Maintains UNIX infrastructure environment at onsemi data centers around the world.
- Coordinates the installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux server equipment, storage, and back-up systems as well as terminal servers
What are the requirements?
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience providing Linux RedHat systems administration support
- Good knowledge of NIS/YP, LDAP, NTP, SNMP, SMTP, SAMBA, SSH, BASH, AUTOFS, NFS at administration level
- Knowledge of LSF, RedHat Kickstart, KVM virtualization, Cisco switches management and NetApp storage management is a plus
- Shell scripting and/or Python scripting experience
- Good communication skills, team spirit and ability to work with a diversified user community
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Ability to travel to remote offices when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate environment is a plus
What benefits do we offer?
- Vacation: A full-time employee is entitled to 25 days a year.
- Sick Days: The employee is entitled to an additional 3 days off (70 % paid) for acute illness, without doctor’s certificate (only for employees with a contract beginning at the latest the first working day in the given year or after one year).
- Bridge Days: When the public holiday takes place on a weekend day, the employee is free to take up this day whenever he prefers within the calendar year. This is applicable to employees with flexible working hours, with a contract beginning at the latest the first working day in the given year (or after one year).
- Working hours: Shorter work week and flexible working hours.
- Homeworking: Selected employees can work from home. It must be approved by the manager and local HR, for defined cases and for limited periods. It can be a one-time action or regular home working.
- Commuting support: Company covers part of the costs of commuting in amount approx. 1000 CZK/month for those who commuting less than 10 Km. Employee contributes 6 CZK/Km (3 CZK/Km to and 3 CZK/Km from work) if employee commutes more than 10 Km.
- Sports and Cultural Activities Support: The employee receives an annual contribution for culture and sports activities of approximately 2 000 CZK per employee per year. The employee becomes eligible after the probation period.
- Afterwork: Teambuilding and free time activities for our employees and their families are highly supported.
- Parking: Lots for cars as well as for bikes.
- Stability: A stable job and enjoyable working atmosphere in dynamic team.
For the complete summary of the company benefits please see the link HERE.
Veronika Hajdučková, recruiter
+420 605 224 095
Jak probíhá výběrové řízení
Při výběrovém řízení klademe důraz především na odborné a jazykové znalosti, které uchazeči o zaměstnání získali během studií a předchozí praxe. Podstatným kritériem výběru je pro nás také osobnostní hledisko. Během pohovoru se setkáte se zástupcem personálního oddělení a vedoucím, který danou pracovní pozici ve svém týmu obsazuje. Společně se snažíme vytvořit přátelskou a neformální atmosféru. Vybraná výběrová řízení mohou být i vícekolová. Uplatnění u nás najdou jak zkušení uchazeči, tak absolventi středních a vysokých škol.